Nothing much has happened for the last week. Today I went over to see my mother and helped Trisha clean the rocks around her path through the grass. Trish probably didn't need the help, but as she said it's fun to work with other people. Oh yeah I call Trisha "T" now. Here's the story. When I got my new iPhone I slowly started entering the texting world. Turns out that some people seem to communicate better through texting than any other method.
My daughters Teda, Chantel and Nini started the family on texting. I'm not sure how it started with Teda and Nini, but I'm pretty sure husbands were involved. Or boyfriends that became husbands were involved. Or (especially in Chantel's case) Church callings were involved. Anyway our Verizion plan did not include texting. We had a "Friends and Family" plan that allows us to all call each other and Teda and Chantel added texting. When I got my iPhone I added texting one day and Karen pointed out that that was stupid because I had an unlimited data plan so I could get a free texting app and text for free instead of paying for it. Anyway through various machinations it turns out that we now all have unlimited texting on our Verizion plan so we're doing much more texting.
OK that was pretty random but what I'm getting at is that I finally started texting my sister Trish who never answers her phone, but I was appalled to see that the first text that I sent her started with "Trash"!!! What!? How did I do that? The 'a' and 'i' keys are not very close together. Then I realized that the iPhone was helpfully changing "Trish" to "Trash". Now that's not a nice thing to call your sister at all, and Trish seems to accept that the phone is doing it to me, however the very first time it happened was on Facebook so the entire world got to see that. How embarrassing. Well I was texting her today and when I was reading back through the texts it had happened again. So I decided that's it I'm calling her T from now on, and then I realized that Chantel calls Teda T as well so it must be a cool this to do.
That is a new phase for me, but the real new phase is that Karen and I are going to start another dieting phase of the hGC diet today as well. The fun thing is that when you start the diet you do two days of what is called "gorge" days where you're supposed to eat a bunch of fatty foods and stuff to get your body ready for the diet, to make sure that you have fat reserves and what not. Cool huh? And fun. That's what we've been doing today. I decided that I would eat some Atkins junk food so that it would really screw up my system. It did and it gave me horrendous gas. I think that I've been put on the list of international criminal list for crimes against humanity for using chemical weapons. You know very powerful farts. Karen's going to make me go sleep with the dogs, only we don't got any dogs, so maybe I'll have to go sleep at Grandma and T's house because they do have dogs. Actually Karen and I started a pre-gorge day yesterday since the way things are turning out we're having one of our gorge days fall on a fast Sunday, and that just doesn't make much sense at all. We're thinking that the half a day of gorging on Friday then the gorging after fasting on Sunday will count as one day of decent gorging. I don't think it really matters all that much.
No comments:
Post a Comment