Daughters are Great

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

The Best Laid Plans...

The last time I went to the doctor was right before our quick visit to the Taylors, our cousins in Arizona.  I was thinking that that would be the last time that I'd visit in a long time.  My BG was under control and I was hoping that I was going to be able to keep from getting sick with the bronchitis now that I had the silver water and the allergy stuff however...

When we were going to Arizona I felt something that felt like a fish flopping in the right side of my abdomen area.  That's what it felt like, it was probably a muscle or something, and I felt it a few other times on that trip.  It didn't bother me while I was exercising in the week following so I wasn't that worried about it, then last Tuesday for the whole day it felt like I'd been kicked in the groin.  Particularly the right testicle.  I thought I had a hernia and made an appointment to see the doctor.  He said that I had an infection in that area that was causing the problem and gave me an antibiotic to take.  It was a wide spectrum antibiotic that makes you sensitive to the sun so I've been wearing long sleeve shirts and a hat (when I remember) since then.  I thought it would be something that I would get over quickly, but the doctor said to come back if I wasn't feeling better in 3-7 days.  I kept exercising, and on Saturday I went for the first long bike ride I'd done this summer.

I've been planning on taking a long "real" bike ride every week, as opposed to riding my exercise bike in the mornings.  However, things have turned out so that I've only gone on one bike ride with Mark when Teandra and Mark were visiting.  I rode just under 25 miles and I was pretty excited about it because my average velocity was 11.9 mph which is the highest average I've ever had riding that route.  For some reason I thought that it'd be a good idea to stop by Grant Stoddard's house in the morning and surprise him that I'd ridden that far and say "Hey Grant lets go for a ride."  I figured I'd knock quietly on the door and then if someone was up they'd hear the knock and if everyone was asleep it wouldn't bother them.  Well I knocked and then the dog started barking. Great idea.  No one answered and I kind of slunk away with my tail between my legs.  Then the next day, Sunday, I asked Grant if he'd been home on Saturday and he asked me if I'd been the one that knocked on their door early in the morning.  Man do I have good ideas.

Then I gave Tanner Boren a hard time about him not going on the hiking trip that we're planning on for next week.  I called him a sissy and said that was the only reason that he wouldn't be going.  Then I started noticing that I wasn't really feeling any better in the infected area.  On Monday I was thinking about calling the doctor because it didn't feel like anything was getting better, but I didn't.  Then yesterday it felt like I hit a wall.  I just started feeling completely fatigued.  I called the doctor and got an appointment for today.  He said things were about the same and gave me another antibiotic. The thing that has me concerned is that I'm totally fatigued today, and I don't think that's a good thing when you're messing with an infection, that and it's still pretty painful.  I woke up this morning weighed myself, then took my medicine and went back to bed, which is something that I rarely do.

I've told the bishop that I don't think that it's a good idea for me to go on the hike next week with painfully swollen man parts that could get worse.  Now I'm going to have to put up with being called a sissy by Tanner when I see him next since the only excuse for not going on the hike is being a sissy.

I've also got two painful canker sores.  I guess that silver water can not over come stupidity.  I had these two canker sores that I kept biting over and over.  Both of them were bleeding, and on one of them I could feel a loose piece of flesh.  That's got to be a sign of stupidity that you bite yourself until you bleed.  Anyway they became pretty painful, but every time they really start hurting I rinse with silver water which seems to take away the pain and help with the swelling.  At least that's what it seems like to me.  I've had this happen before and it seems like it was much more painful then, although I may have selective memory.

I was also wondering why I would get an infection when I was taking the silver water.  The guy who sells the generator one time said that silver water wasn't like a magical elixir that would make you live forever and that there were some things that it can't deal with.  When I thought that I remembered that I'd had something like this happen on my mission that had me laid up for a couple of days.  However, that was much more painful than this is, but the symptoms seem similar, so maybe the silver water is working.  The thing on my mission seemed to go away quicker though.  Of course I was 20 then so that might have something to do with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment