Since I've written a blog. I keep thinking that I have to make more time to write, so maybe it's important that I do make time.
I've been re-listening to some of my lectures series from The Teaching Company. Actually one that I listened to twice in succession was one on The History of Science from 1700-1900. I'd actually always thought that the Scientific Revolution preceded the Reformation. I don't know why but I did. So actually instead of the Middle Age Authorities being questioned the Reformation caused people to start to doubt what for many was the ultimate authority, the Bible, since the theologians couldn't agree with what the Bible meant, perhaps the other authorities could be wrong as well such as Aristotle.
Actually it's kind of exciting to thing that revolutions in the spiritual realm lead to explosions of knowledge in the scientific world as well. I've always been amazed at the dramatic turn up in science and technology that came around the same time as the Restoration of the Gospel. It appears that the Scientific Revolution started preparing the world for that explosion of knowledge at the same time that the Lord was preparing the world for the explosion of Gospel knowledge with the Reformation.
Along with that thought I was reading the new Elder Bedenar book called Increase in Learning, and a couple of passages hit me in a new way when I read them in this book.
"The greatest and last of all gospel dispensations was introduced through the Prophet Joseph Smith. I was necessary in this final dispensation "that a whole and complete and perfect unison, and welding together of dispensations, and keys, and powers, and glories whould take place, and be revealed from the days of Adam even to the present time. And not only this, but those things which never have been revealed from the foundation of the world, but have been kept hid from the wise and prudent, shall be revealed...in this, the dispensation of the fulness of times" (D&C 128:18) The Prophet Joseph Smith...proclaimed that preparatory to the Second Coming of the Lord Jesus Christ, "the dispensation of the fullness of time will bring to light the things that have been revealed in all former dispensations, also other things what have not been before revealed.""
I hit me after reading this, on my iPhone which is a marvel, just how many things we have in the world that might have been hid from past generations in the form of technology and science, and that that could be part of the Resortation in the Dispensation of the Fulness of Time? It could be.
No comments:
Post a Comment