For some reason I was reading or listening to something that said that; "We [humans] need to stop driving extinction." For some reason that hit me as the stupidest thing I've heard in ages, and I've heard it before. My new saying is when I hear something stupid it makes my head explode.
Do these idiots that say things like this realize that mammals wouldn't exist if a bunch of birds or lizards (or whatever the scientists thinks the dinosaurs are now) and become extinct?
Wait this is what made my head explode. The thing that made my head explode was the thought that all cultures should be treated equally!? Really? Let's say that there was this small indigenous tribe in Eastern Europe with a long history of being on the land and a unique culture, and suddenly the Huns came and over ran that tribe over and wiped them out. Did the world lose anything? Ok maybe it did. But come on if a culture has something to offer it will be offered despite the best efforts to wipe it out.
Lets see was the Greek culture wiped out when the Romans took over their country? No they had a lot to offer. Was the Jewish culture wiped out when the Romans took them over, or Christianity? I'm not saying that all cultures are bad but that if a culture has something to add then let it be added, but a culture shouldn't be propped up just because it exists.
I don't know why I wanted to say this but I think it needs to be said.
No comments:
Post a Comment