This blog needs to go under boy is Max dumb category. I wrote it but for got to post it last week.
Man have things been hectic, so I haven't had a chance to blog for a while. Obviously.
The biggest thing that has happened in the last couple of weeks is that Julie Stringfield got baptized, and the amazing thing is that she asked me to baptize her. I have to admit that I was surprised and honored by her asking me to baptize her. We'd heard that she wanted to get baptized, but Chantel said that she didn't want everyone to know about it. Wesley Hendricks knew about it and when I talked to him about it he said he knew about it and that Chantel was going to be speaking at it. Chantel hadn't said anything about it so I just thought whe hadn't mentioned it. Julie said that she wanted to talk to Karen and I before the baptism, and we'd tried to set up a couple of appointments but they fell through. Julie had sent a text message to me, but she sent it to my work blackberry and I don't check it that often, but on the Thursday before the baptism I checked it and saw the text message, and wrote her back giving her my and Karen's phone numbers. She got in touch with us and met us that night. That's when she asked me if I'd baptize her, and she asked Chantel to speak. I later asked Chantel if she'd already know about it and she said that she hadn't. See that's funny because she then got to stress out for the next few days before the baptism.
A funny thing happened during the baptism. I didn't know how to do the baptism. I didn't get the hands right and so the branch president had to try to get me and Julie standing correctly so that I could hold her hands with my left and raise my right to the square. When we finally got it right everyone had a good laugh. It was still a great experience, one that I'll always remember. The Stringfield's had BBQ at Julie's sister Jessica's house. That was a lot of fun. I'd never really met Julie and Jackie's sisters before and I really liked both of them. The younger sister had had some oral surgery and she had to have her jaw wired shut, so I felt a little sorry for her, but could empathize because Karen and couldn't eat anything either. We went to Julie's Sacrament Meeting the next day for her confirmation. Over all it was a great weekend.
The weekend before was fun as well. We got to go see Alex the Younger, and Chio (and there parents were there as well). One of Iwalani's missionary companions got sealed in the Dallas Temple and they asked us if we wanted to come with them. Well of corse we did. Chantel came with us, and we all rode in Iwalani and Jeremy's Impala, so that was a little tight. We left on Thursday after work and drove all night. It was possible because we had 5 drivers to help with the driving. We came home the following Monday which was Memorial day. It was a lot of fun, as it always is, to visit with them.
Finally the hCG diet is going pretty well. I'm not dropping weight as fast as I did during the first two weeks, but it is still coming off. I've also had to poke a couple new holes in my belt, so that's pretty dang exciting. The really exciting thing is that my BG is very low. My weekly average on my meter is around 94 and I've had a few readings in the low 80's. I think is partly the diet, and also the losing of weight. The lower the weight the better the better insulin sensitivity.
No comments:
Post a Comment