Daughters are Great

Sunday, June 19, 2011

The Diet's Almost Over!

I've got to tell everyone that I'm excited that this phase of the diet is almost over.  I'm not really hungry while on this diet, but I do miss eating.  We only get the same stuff everyday, and I'm even worse than probably most on the diet because I just eat the same thing every day.

I've learned a few things on this diet.  One, it looks like I can maybe start eating fruit again.  It hasn't hurt me while I'm on this diet, in fact this week I've had a couple of BG reading that are below 80 which is the below the low normal for BG.  Karen thinks that I should stop taking the metformin, but I keep saying that I'm going to keep using it until I run out of it, and use it while I'm on the maintenance phase to see what happens when I'm eating more food.  The second thing that I've learned is that it's very convenient to have food planned out.  I put all my food in a bag and so I know what I have to eat all right there so it's easier to plan.  I've read that this is a good way to handle a diet, but I've never done it, because I'm lazy.  Of course it's pretty easy to put all of 500 calories in a little bag for a day, and I've actually forgot a couple of times to do that.  I just need to make a commitment to doing this though because I think that it will help a lot.

As of this morning I've lost 26.8 lbs.  That's great, but I'm more happy with what's going on my BG.  Right now my 7 day average is 89, and by the way that's below 90.  The 30 day average is 94 and the 90 day average is 105.  This shows that the trend is down and that's great.  I hope that it stays low when I get on the maintenance phase of the diet. 

Speaking of the maintenance phase.  The diet plan says that you should not let your weight fluctuate +/- 2 lbs from your weight on the last day of your taking the hCG.  However the level of calories that they suggest is very low between 1800-2000 for a man.  That's near the level where you body goes into starvation mode.  I personally don't see how that level of eating won't cause you to lose weight during the maintenance phase.  I'm hoping that I'm going to lose weight.  We'll see.

One thing that I read about while reading about the hCG diet that was interesting.  It said that our digestive track is basically like any other great ape, and that it's designed for use to digest food that we're eating all day long just like the apes.  The cruise around all day grazing on whatever they can find.  That make a lot of sense, especially with a lot of people saying that your diet will work better if you eat a lot of small means during the day instead of a few big ones.  The hCG people said that eating a couple of big meals, a day especially when there are a lot of refined carbs in it, can overwhelm the endocrine system and it start locking away the fat as abnormal fat.

A few more things about the diet.  It's hard to exercise on it.  I started out tying to do my weekly turbulence training, and I started a new phase of that as I started the hCG diet, and I just was not able to do it.  Karen was worried about me and now it looks like she's right.  Anyway I finally started just doing the exercise cycle and pushups.  I got to where I could do those again, and decided that I'd try going back to phase 1 of turbulence training.  So I did that on Monday and the next day I'd gained two pounds!  I just don't see how that happens, and I was totally wasted and could not even do the exercise cycle the next day.  Later in the week I read an article on the Dr. Mercola site about it being possible for the body to gain muscle on a reduced calorie diet.  Maybe that explains what happened.  I don't know that I'm even going to try do turbulence training next time we do another phase of the hCG.

Well as you can see the hCG diet pretty much rules my life right now.  One funny thing about this is no one has to worry about cooking me anything for Fathers Day, and next week is my 50th birthday, and no one can do anything for me because I can't eat anything.  I guess that really show how central eating is to any celebration that we now have.

I've read some interesting books and listened to some interesting lecture series, but I'll be writing about them on my other blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment