Today is the 43 day of the diet, the very last day, and I'm really looking forward to tomorrow and being able to eat again. It's going to be interesting to see what happens with my BG. My BG has been excellent on this diet. I've finally gone from taking 2 grams of metformin to cutting one of the tablets in half.
Karen had been telling me that I should maybe stop taking the merformin because I was getting reading in the 70s which is below normal. The morning that I woke up with a 78 was the day that I decided to try and stop taking it. However, in the afternoon of that day my BG was up to 106, so I decided to start taking half a tablet at a time. When I was telling Mom about it she thought that it's funny that I now think 106 is too high. Going to the half a tablet twice a day seems to be working nicely.
So the diets done pretty well. I'm down 33.4 lbs. Unfortunately I've noticed that I lost 14.26 lbs of LBM according to my scale. That's not very good, but they say that the scales are notoriously not very active, but that they can show you trends which can be helpful. The hCG Made Simple site said that you should exercise lightly. However, it also said that if your used to exercising you can continue, but if you lift weights that you should probably cut back. Well I couldn't do my body weight exercises. I tried but while I could do one day of them, the next day I was just wasted and couldn't exercise. Losing that much muscle mass probably explains what is going on.
The next phase is called the maintenance phase, and it says that
"Now that you have lost weight, it is imperative that you step up the exercise a notch and allow your muscles to tone, your metabolism to kick into full gear, and your body to secure itself as a fat burning machine!"
So that sounds to me like they're expecting you to put some muscle back on. I hope so. I really can't imagine that I'm not going to lose weight on this next phase of the diet. I'm supposed to have something like 2700 calories a day, or maybe that's back when I was 34 lbs fatter. Anyway I'm just going to follow the rules of their diet and see what happens. Hopefully I'll be able to put some muscle back on in this phase and maybe lose some more fat.
I guess that I could go back to using the calipers on measuring the fat percentage but that's harder than using the scale so we'll just see what happens.
No comments:
Post a Comment