Daughters are Great

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Diet Update and more Colloidal Silver

I hate that diet sems to be the thing that I mostly seem to be writing about on here.  However, eating is something that we all have to do and when you have diabetes diet becomes even more critical.

I'm striving to get my blood sugare under control.  I seem to be doing pretty good but hopefully I can do better.  For a while there I was getting readings below 100 pretty regularly.  I then caught a cold, then, apparently have alergies and they kicked up.  That was weird because I started coughing on a Friday afternoon at 2:00.  I was talking to someone at work when it happened and I thought it was wierd because nothing seemed to cause it.  I didn't have a runny nose or anything else, I just started coughing.  By that night I could hardly talk and I wasn't able to sleep because when I layed down the coughing got worse.  Karen went with me to the doctor the next week and with Karen talking to him they decided that it was probably allergies.  That's OK, if that's what it is, because hopefully I'll be able to keep it from turing into an anual case of bronchitus.  However, with the possible cold and hay fever making it hard to exercise my BG started getting a little higher.

When I went to the he ran another HbA1c.  The first test on 1/25 was 7.6 (171 mg/dl) and this last one on 3/24 was 6.4 (137).  That's a pretty good improvement but I was hoping that it was better.

Also I've lost a little wieght, but even more importantly on the scale that Goose gave me that made me fat and stupid it says that I've reduced my body fat percentage by 3%.  That pretty good.  I've lost about 4 pounds as well.  Losing weight can also help me get my BG under control as well.  I guess that I'll just have to keep trying the slow and constant method.

I've thought that the HbA1c was an average of 3 months with the last month being a little more influential.  My doctor said it gives a reading for the last 2 weeks.  I hope that's not right, and since I usually follow what's in the Bernstien book I guess I'll just keep following that.  I'm just going to schedule the next test 3 months from now so there won't be any overlap.

I got a rash on my hand that was pretty painful.  Iwanlani and Karen said that it was probably exzema.  Someone or somewhere I've heard that it is caused by the chickenpox virus.  (I thought Nini told me this but she says that she didn't.)  I don't know if that true or not, but after a couple of weeks it got worse and was cracked and bleeding.  I showed it to Karen for some sypmathy and she asked if I'd poured the silver water accross it.  I said that I was going to wash it with the silver water to see if it'd get rid of it.  That's wat I did, and by that afternoon it was cracked an bleeding and didn't itch anywhere near as bad.  Karen was pretty impressed, and fankly so was I.  So fat the silver water seemed to clear up the congestion in my lungs, kept 3 canker sores from getting painful, pretty much a little hole starts in the mought that you know is going to be a canker sore, and the silver water just keeps it there and then it goes aways.  Doesn't become a hugh painful crater.  Then it seems to have cleard up the rash/exzema on my hand.  Not bad.  I think the stuff actually works.

1 comment:

  1. I decided to comment myself because I just noticed that I'd written this blog, but forgot to post it. Man sometimes I scare myself.

    ReplyDelete