And so is Chantel. Everyone is very smart around here but me, and I've got the proof.
I wanted to finish up the front cement stones that we'd made. Mark, Teda and I finished them last year after the Balloon Fiesta and before I could finish them up I got pneumonia and didn't finish them. The new stones that we made were a little lower than the old ones, and Karen says that she trips on them. We had a little bit of the sand and cement mix that we had used to set the stones on our patio left over that I wanted to use to raise the stones up. Since it was cement we couldn't leave it out in the rain or it'd get ruined so I stuck it in the garage. I'd hoped that it was only going to be a few days because once it was in there we couldn't get to hardly anything in the garage. Unfortunately, as I said, I got pneumonia so I wasn't able to move the cement sand mix and it was in the wheelbarrow so the garage was pretty much off limits.
Anyway, today I decided to raise the steps. I did mention that it's been about 5 months since we made the stones and didn't fill in the gaps with sand? Now the gaps were filled with leaves and stuff, so when I raised the stones that I needed to I was cleaning out the leaves and stuff, and that was taking some time. After I used up the stone and cement mix I decided to get some more sand and try and finish the rest of all the stones and sand. Goose showed and started helping me. Goose said that the leaves and stuff between the stones was her definition of "detritus" was the leaves and stuff between the stones. It was pretty funny because Goose probably pronounced it the way it's supposed to be pronounced but it wasn't the way that I thought it was supposed to be pronounced. Of course in my mind I generally just say things in my mind, and when I hear them pronounced out loud I'm surprised. Shortly after that we were talking about how it would be nice to just blow the leaves out of the rocks, and then we thought, almost at the same time, that we had a blower that could blow the leaves out. So we grabbed it and in about 45 minutes we were done. Goose is really smart.
I then started pouring the sand in the cracks by hand the way we did on the patio, and sweeping the sand into the cracks. The patio was not that big and the stones were a lot bigger so it didn't take that long to finish the patio. The stones were taking a lot longer, and I was wondering if we were going to have to finish it the next day, when Mark comes out and says why don't you just pour the sand on the stones then sweep them in the cracks! I didn't think it would work, but it did, it worked great. We got done in about a half an hour. Mark is very smart.
And here is the final proof. Mom and Goose went to a play tonight and when they came home really late and made us all go outside to look at something, and it turns out that I'd decided it would be a good idea to hang my keys on the trucks antenna. I don't have any idea why I decided to do that but you have to admit that it's not that smart of a thing todo. It's going to take a while to live this one down. Mom's already said that it goes right up there next to the time I left my tooth brush in the refrigerator.
There that proves it. I don't have good ideas, like Mark and Goose, but I do put my keys and toothbrushes in strange places.
Daddy :-) I love you. You make me laugh. And I think you are BRILLIANT! :-D *muah!*
ReplyDelete