Daughters are Great

Friday, March 4, 2011

Colloidal Silver and Atkins Cookies

This has been a fairly eventful week.  My sister Cathy had a friend that had told her that she used to get bronchitis and pneumonia quite a bit but that she'd started drinking something that kept her from getting it anymore.  She asked if I'd be interested in it.  I'm pretty much interested in anything that might help me keep from getting sick a couple months a year.  Turns out it's called Colloidal Silver.  She got a couple of bottles of the stuff and the lady gave her a printout of information about Colloidal Silver.  It was very interesting stuff.  The information that I got didn't say anything about how much I should be taking or what the concentration of the Colloidal Silver that I had.  Then I looked up some more information about Colloidal Silver on the internet, including Dr. Mercola's web site, an alternate medicine site that I look at.  Eventually I got hold of Cathy and she gave me the names of the people that she got the silver water from.  I gave them a call and was able to talk to the husband, Bill Norton.  He talked to me a while about it, but basically he told me that I should drink about an ounce a day prophylactically.  He also mentioned that he had a nebulizer and that he put the silver water in the nebulizer instead of the saline and albuteral.  He also reminded me about a web site called thesilversource.com, which was mentioned in the literature.  I went to the site and found that a lot of people there spayed the silver water in their noses to help keep from getting colds.


I have to admit that I was pretty surprised when I woke up the next morning and felt a lot better.  My nose was nowhere near as runny as it usually is in the morning when I exercise.  My chest didn't feel as heavy.  I was pretty impressed.  However, the next day Thursday I woke up and I felt wrung out completely.  I tried just riding the exercise bike but couldn't do it, so I went back to bed for 1/2 an hour.  Later that day it felt like a cold was coming on.  I decided that I'd try doing the salty nose thing and finish up with silver water, and try drinking some more of the water.  Friday I woke up feeling better.  I have to admit that I'm pretty impressed with the stuff.


The diabetes front is going pretty good.  I re-read the section of the Diabetes Solution about medication.  He mentioned that there was some stuff called R-ALA (Alpha Lipoic Acid) that acted like an insulin memetic.  I decided to try and get some and try it.  The book suggested that I get a brand called Insulow so I ordered it from Amazon.  I started taking it at night but that actually seemed to start raising my BG in the morning a little.  I then tried taking it before meals as the direction of the bottle says.  That started to work really well I was getting reading below 100 right around 90 and even had some below 90.  I was getting pretty excited, and then this week for some reason the readings started going back up above 100.  I don't know what's going on, but that's still not too bad I think.


I'm starting to build up some endurance in exercising.  Last week I was to tired to fully exercise a couple of day so I only did the exercise cycle a couple of days.  This week I've been able to work out every day except for Thursday and I think that that might have been caused by a cold that started coming on.


Today I decided to try and see if the Atkins Cookies would be as bad for my BG as I thought they would be.  They were bad.  I don't know if they were as bad as I thought they would be but they were pretty bad.  I guess that I'll not try those again for a while.  Perhaps when I lose some weight I might try the cookies again.


I've been watching my diet and cutting back on the calories.  It seems like my weight is going down some.  I guess about as much as I can expect them to.  The BF% is going down according to the scale that Goosie got me.  From what I understand about the scales they're not the most exact devices, but they do log trends, and the BF% trend is down and that's good.  According to what I've read everything says that the more weight that is lost the better your insulin sensitivity becomes.  That's what I'm hoping anyways.

No comments:

Post a Comment