Daughters are Great

Monday, May 14, 2012

A New Toy

I got a new toy because I'm pretty much as spoiled, or blessed temporally would be another way to think about it; or it's becase I noticed that I had $700 dollars in my cash back account and I realized that that would pay for my new iPad and so we went and got one, along with a power cord a cover and the Apple Care plan. 

I have to say that I'm liking it so far.  It's taken a little while to get used to it but I haven't really gotten used to it, but. It has taken a while to set it up.  One of the thing that took the. Most time was converting Awesome note so that it would sync a little easier.  Now my goal is to use it to keep my blogs more up to date.  Lately I've been doing things on my laptop where it needs to be hooked up to a hard drive because our photo files are getting so big, at least compared to my three year old computers hard drive.  The big thing that I'm doing is trying to get all of the photos that we have into one Apature file so that we can move the library to Karen's new computer.  When I first moved to Apurature I those to keep the photos in the original iPhoto library and when I did that they stayed there when I moved the new library.  It's been a lot harder todo that than I thought it would be.

Here's a serendipitous happening as well.  Remy and I were talking about how we really didn't have our data " backed up" because it was really only on one hard drive.  When I bought Karens computer I also bought a airport with a hard drive on it shortly after that the hard drive with all our data got corrupted and I had to back it up and it took about 2 weeks to finally get it all done.  First there was a lot of files to back up second it would keep stopping but I finally got that done then I reformatted the old hard drive and moved it all back but now I don't trust it.  I've got to look for a solution to backing up my hard drive because this takes too long.

So with that long story that's one of the reasons that I've not been keeping up with blogging because when I sit at my computer to write I feel guilty if I'm not doing the other stuff and when I'm doing the other stuff the computer runs clunkily and annoys me.  We'll see if all my justifications amount to anything.

2 comments:

  1. you know that you really just wanted to buy a new iPad and use your fun free money before you changed banks. :) I am glad that you got it, because now when I come over, I get to play with it, or with mom's old one. I don't think that I want an iPad, because I like my iPod a lot, but they are fun to play with every now and then. :) <3 ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooo...new toys are AWESOME! :-D It is totally time consuming to back up data :-( But, once you get it on there, then when you go to back up again, it shouldnt take as long because you can just not copy the stuff that is already on there and you just have to copy the new stuff, ya know? *muah!* wuv you daddy!

    ReplyDelete