This weekend was the Priest Encampment for the stake. I showed up because I'd kind of felt like I should, and I'd asked Mom if she though that I should. She said that she thought that I should go, so I did. It's actually amazing how many YM in our ward don't have active fathers.
However, I did have a true father thing to do which was show up at Spring Institute Choir Concert, of which Chantel was a participant, so I left early. When I showed up in the morning it turns out that the Bishop was going to go early as well, I guess, because Jaron needed to go to prom.
The one thing that I was somewhat looking forward to about the Encampment was the 3 mile hike that was involved in getting to the site. However, when I showed up I started talking to Bro. Moseman and volunteered to help him deliver the drinking water for the event. That meant I got a ride into the site. Well that took care of half that amount I was planning to hike. Oh well.
I decided to walk out with the Bishop and his sons. We got about half way out and the Bishop realized that he'd left his backpack. He really wanted to get that backpack so he was going to try and drive his little car in to pick it up. That road was really rough and I didn't think he'd get the car in so I volunteered to go back an pick it up for him. What a guy I am right? Actually walking at the Boren speed was killing me and I thought what the heck I could walk back at my pace, do a good deed, get in a little extra hiking and I could read my book on my iPhone (which I couldn't do at Boren speed).
We were about half way there when I went back. We'd just started coming out of the canyon; the canyon with the nice tall trees and cool shade. I went back and got the backpack, then when I hit where we came out of the canyon I'm suddenly walking in the New Mexico desert (it's amazing how quickly the landscape can change in NM). About 4 miles in it's hot, and I'm realizing how much my feet hurt and how sucky my boot are for hiking. I finally made it, delivered the Bishop his backpack and he seemed very grateful. Then I came home and took a shower. I was looking at my toes and thinking how much they hurt. It felt like my toenails were going to be all black and ready to fall off, but I couldn't see anything. I decided I'd try to stretch out my toe and see if that made any difference. When I did that I realized that I could feel my toes at all, all I could feel was how much the toe nails hurt. I'm going to admit that while not feeling my toes does somewhat bothers me, in this case it wasn't to bad.
And on that note, I'm still doing pretty good at keeping my BG down. I'd like it to get lower, but I guess that high normal isn't too bad. I'd like to lose some more weight but it doesn't seem to be coming off, and the BF% on the scale doesn't seem to be going down too much either. However, all my cloths are fitting much better, and I'm thinking that I'm going to have to punch a new hole in the belt that I just got. All that's good I just wish the weight was coming off as well. I'd really like to see what would happen to be BG if I lost 50-60 lbs.
At work I gave a lady some silver water that wanted to use it on her shingles. She came in the next week at told me that it was working for her, that she was about two weeks ahead of it healing up than with anything else she'd tried. She thinks that if she'd been able to jump on it right away it wouldn't have gotten bad in the first place, but she'd given it fours days before she could get the silver water. I got another canker sore that it kept from getting bad, and when I got the first I could feel another coming on that never developed. So it seems like this stuff works fantastic against canker sores. I'm very pleased.
No comments:
Post a Comment