This week was a triple whammy with having to get up early. Somehow I discovered that if I catch the early train (that leaves at 4:25) and then leave work an hour early then I get home around 6:30. When I was driving to Santa Fe to catch the bus then driving home I'd get to the Chaple around 7:05 or so. Going early get me back sooner and I don't have to drive to Santa Fe. So that's what I decided to try this week.
A funny thing happened however – funny in a dumb kind of way. I missed the early train. That was because I didn't realize that the first train left at 4:25 instead of 4:30 like I thought it would. So I missed that train, then I went home because I couldn't find my glasses and I'd decided that I would just try to go to work without them, but since I missed the train I went home and found them. Then I wrote an email and did few other things, lost track of the time and missed the second train. I didn't want to drive to Santa Fe because a snow storm was supposed to be coming in that afternoon so I waited for the next train there in the parking lot. Turns out that that was a good decision because it did snow and the roads were kind of slick when we got to the train station that afternoon. I still left early because we were having a Priest Quorum Presidency meeting that night. That was Tuesday.
Wednesday I needed to get back early for a Priest Laural activity that we had at our home because the chapel had a pipe break and it wasn't fixed yet. However, the train had a malfunction of some time and I got home about 30 minutes late. This getting home early really depends on the train which is not very reliable.
Thursday I needed to make it into Albuquerque Thursday for round table. Because it is so much further I drove to Santa Fe, which turned out to be a very good idea because the train was supposed to be running 50 minutes late. I don't know if that's true or not because I drove into the meeting. So the long and short of it was that I had a meeting three days and had to stay up late for all of them, or fairly late for me. The cool thing was that I didn't have to drive as much as I used to. I talked to my manager and he seemed OK for me coming in early like this when I need to.
Today I had to work 10 hours to make up for the hour I missed on Tuesday. So the week ended on a long note but at least it's over now.
No comments:
Post a Comment